Dear Marium, I would like to bring my mum to the UK, from Pakistan. I am a British Citizen and own my own house.

I would like to know what the best option is and how I can start the process?

Marium says, In this situation, you may apply for an elderly parent visa in order to bring your mother from Pakistan.

However, the process is a complex one with several conditions.

For example, you must prove that your mother is financially dependent on you and has been for some time.

There are other requirements that need to be met such as your mother must not have any other relatives or immediate family in Pakistan who are able to look after her. Should you find yourself in a similar situation, we can advise you further.