A FOOD hut business has reportedly been targeted in another arson attack with its owner saying a security guard was dragged out of his car and assaulted by a group of masked men. 

Follow our live blog for the latest from the scene 

Firefighters were sent to Uncle’s Tea Hut on Havelock Street in Oldham, based in front of Kaly’s Playland, just after 4.20am yesterday.

The fire service confirmed two crews attended to extinguish the flames

A “casualty was checked over” as well, the service added.

The fire in Oldham (Picture: Spotted: Oldham)

The fire in Oldham (Picture: Spotted: Oldham)

The fire in Oldham (Picture: Spotted: Oldham)

The fire in Oldham (Picture: Spotted: Oldham)

Muzafar Iqbal, 35, from Oldham, opened the business with his friend Imran Khan last October after being inspired by the growing trend of Asian tea and donut outlets in Bradford.

He is shocked after the business has been targeted on a number of occasions and said a security guard the firm employed was beaten up in the latest attack.

Mr Iqbal said: “We have a security guard on the site and he was in his car when a Vauxhall Zafira pulled up and a brick was thrown through the driving side window.

“Two men then got out and dragged him out of the car.

“He was hit on his left arm with a large stick, the men were wearing masks and one had a beard.

“They then set the food hut on fire and left. The guard was taken to hospital.”

Greater Manchester Police has confirmed a security guard was attacked by five men.

The force said a "joint investigation" with the fire service is ongoing to establish the cause.

"No injuries have been reported to police at this stage and no arrests have been made yet", police added.

The food outlet has been targeted several times. Back in February, when it was based on Alexandra Retail Park, there was an arson attack.

Then in June, the firm’s new premises on Kalys Playland was vandalised with racist graffiti spray-painted there.

Since then there have also been a couple of more shocking incidents.

Mr Iqbal said on one occasion petrol bombs were thrown on the hut but caused minimal damage, partly due to the wet weather.

“I am not sure why we have been targeted”, he added.

If you have any details contact police on 101, quoting incident number 430 of October 13.

A crowdfunding appeal has been set up to help the business, who are hoping companies will help them find a space to reopen.