Two sisters tragically died in Pakistan after being overcome by gas leaking from a boiler in the bathroom.

Maria aged 24 and and Nadia Rehman aged 17, were found lying unconscious on the floor at a property in Gujrat, Pakistan, on January 12.

The sisters were in Pakistan with their parents Abdul and Zarina Rehman for the anniversary of their granddad's funeral.

The deaths are said to accidental.

Post mortem examinations have proved the sisters died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

A police spokesman in Mirpur said: "We have looked at the cylinders, the pipes, the bodies of the girls. We have gone through the crime scene a number of times.

"We have found no evidence - no scientific evidence - to suggest anything different to arrest anyone in this case."

A spokeswoman for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office said: "We are in contact with the local authorities following the death of two British women in Gujrat, Pakistan and we have offered consular support to the family."