A FATHER is fighting for his life after being attacked on the street where he lives.

Sajed Choudry suffered horrific injuries when he and his son, Ahsan Choudry, were attacked last week in Rhyl Avenue in Blackburn.

The 41-year-old is in a coma after having both ears cut off, and suffering a collapsed right lung and a bleed on the brain.

The dad-of-four underwent a 14-hour operation to have his ears re-attached, using a skin graft from his legs to complete the surgery.

Sajed is unable to breathe on his own and is relying on a life-support machine.

Mariya Choudry, Sajed’s daughter, said the family are in shock about the attack. She said: “I feel totally numb right now. I can’t describe how I feel.

“I have lived on that street for 15 years and have never seen anything like it.

“He’s really unwell and we don’t know what is going to happen with him.”

Ahsan also remains in hospital after having half of his hand cut off and suffering cuts to his head.

Mariya, a healthcare worker, said she has remained by her father’s bedside since he went into hospital.

She added that her mother and her two younger brothers are incredibly upset.

She said: “On Saturday my father stopped breathing and they had to fit a life-support machine.

“My mum has let me stay here because I am strong enough to cope with how he is.

“She is trying to remain strong for the family, but she is finding it really hard.

“She is broken. She does not know what to do with herself.”

The 22-year-old said she is trying to remain strong for her dad and hopes he can pull through. She said: “My dad is loved and so many people cared about him.

“I would not wish what has happened to my dad on anyone.

“It is not right to do this to another person.

“All I can do now is pray for my father and my brother.”

Four people, Sadaqat Ali, 36, of Rhyl Avenue, Blackburn, Rafaqat Ali, 38, of Tenby Close, Blackburn and Fazal Ilhai, 62, also of Tenby Close, and a 13-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, have all been charged with two counts of attempted murder.

They are due to appear before Preston Crown Court on Monday, December 17.