Dramatic footage has emerged of a Mitsubishi Shogun repeatedly ramming a car on a Bradford street.

Police say a family dispute is thought to be behind the “shocking” outbreak of disorder, which left one man with head injuries and about ten cars damaged.

Three men, aged 28, 32 and 39, have been arrested after the trouble erupted in Marsh Street, off Manchester Road, in the Marshfields area, late on Tuesday night.

Officers were called to the street at 11.04pm to reports of a car being burnt out.

Several cars were rammed just minutes later in nearby Dorset Street, with at least three of them being written off, according to their shocked owners.

Video footage has now emerged of the Mitsubishi Shogun hitting a car three times.

In the clip, the Shogun’s headlights flare up at each impact before the vehicle stops and a man wearing light-coloured clothing is seen to get out of the driver’s seat and run off.

Police will be combing through the footage as part of their continuing investigations.

A 32-year-old man from Marsh Street was taken to hospital after the incident and was treated for a head injury. Two other people were also treated for minor injuries, said a police spokesman.

A relative of the injured man, who spoke to the Telegraph & Argus, claimed more than 20 men had surged into his family’s home in Marsh Street on Tuesday night, striking his 68-year-old mother, hurting his nephew and holding his brother at gunpoint.

The man said it was just before 11pm on Tuesday when his family were set about in their home as a “mob” rampaged through the house.

“They hit my mum, hurt my nephew and had a gun at my brother. I think they hit him with it. He’s in hospital with head injuries. I don’t know what happened next. I don’t know if they left my brother in the house or dragged him out.”

He said it was his brother’s silver Toyota Celica that had been burned out.

The man claimed there had been another incident in the early hours of the same day, when the house windows were smashed and a car was damaged.

In relation to the first incident, he said: “We told the police and they didn’t arrest any one.”

He claimed the family fall-out stemmed from 2016 and that in December last year, some of his relatives’ cars in Marsh Street were attacked with acid.

A police spokesman said: “Enquiries are at an early stage and are continuing today, but the incident (on Tuesday night) is believed to be related to a family dispute.”

Meanwhile, residents in Dorset Street were adding up costs into the thousands after their cars were hit like skittles by a Mitsubishi 4x4 that police told them was stolen.

People living in the street described seeing the black Mitsubishi Shogun reversing into their cars and ramming backwards then forwards like a game of skittles.

One resident tried to give chase in his dressing gown and flip-flops but could not catch the driver of the car, who fled the scene.

Dad Sajad Ahmed, 52, said he watched in horror as his Audi TT was hit at least three times by the Shogun that had sounded like “a big truck”.

“It was my pride and joy. I screamed to my wife he’s killing my car.

“It hurt so much watching it happen but my wife’s car was right next to it and she’s just passed her test. I was thinking please don’t hit hers. Thankfully that was when he finally stopped, got out of the car, looked round and ran off.

“One of our neighbours tried to give chase, just in his dressing gown and his flip flops but didn’t get very far. He gave it a go though - he doesn’t even have a car but still tried to help,” he said.

And he added: “There were about 30 people crowding out on the street after it happened.

“People just couldn’t believe it.

“The damage will run into the thousands.

“People were taking photos and filming it. It was just like a movie when it was happening.”

Speaking yesterday morning, a woman who did not wish to be named said: “All the alarms went off.

“The whole street is still blocked.

“Everyone is shocked.

“He was just hitting every single car, ramming them backwards and forwards like skittles.

“There are about ten cars damaged.

“Our neighbour is in tears. The police told us the Mitsubishi was stolen.

“This is usually a quiet street with good neighbours.

“We didn’t deserve this. I was lucky my car was parked at the back but I feel so sorry for other people,” she said.

And added: “One of my neighbours had only been back home for five minutes when it happened.

“She’d been out to pick up her daughter.

“She was saying they could have had their legs broken or worse if they’d been outside a bit later.

“We have children living in the street and we want our children to grow up safely, we want them to be able to play out but now we’re worried.”

A 25-year-old who was still paying finance on her Audi A3 that was badly crushed in the incident said she felt angry and was “an innocent victim.

“It’s not fair. I’m still paying finance on that car. I’m worried sick what the insurers will say. I’m angry and I’m an innocent victim.

“I was in my attic bedroom when I heard a loud noise. It made me gasp and I jumped out of bed to look out the window.

“I saw the Shogun rev backwards and forwards, hitting my car and then others. My dad’s car was damaged too.

“It looked as though he was doing it on purpose, backwards and forwards. Why would someone do something like that? It just doesn’t make any sense.

“Without my car I’m worried about how I’m going to get to work.

“The police seemed to take a while to get here, they must have had lots of calls from the street and the police station is only about three minutes away. They seemed to take ages.”

Another woman, who also did not want to be named, said two of her family’s cars wrecked.

“I heard a big bang, looked out and saw the damage,” she said.

Councillor Talat Sajawal (Little Horton, Ind) said he was shocked to hear the news and hoped police would swiftly bring the perpetrators to justice.

“I was 100 per cent shocked to hear about this. People should be able to feel safe in their homes and live in peace.

“It’s terrible people have been caught up in trouble that they’ve had nothing to do with.

“They should not be having to wake up to their vehicles being damaged and their livelihoods being affected because they can’t get to work in their cars.

“It has caused them disruption through no fault of their own. My thoughts are also with the people who have been injured. I hope the police do a swift job of this and bring justice quick.”

Fellow ward councillor Taj Salam (Little Horton, Lab) said it was “worrying and unfortunate” that trouble said to have stemmed from a family dispute had spilled out into the streets.

“This should not have got this far, it should not have happened. It’s not good for the area. It’s worrying and unfortunate,” he said.

And he added: “Thankfully as far as I’m aware no one was too seriously hurt.”

The road was shut from the time of the incident until 1pm on Wednesday, with police guarding the cordons at both ends of the street. Some residents had to ring in work because they could not move vehicles out of the cordon.