Sania Mirza wants to draw a line under the Olympic selection row that has engulfed Indian tennis for the last week.
The 25-year-old released a carefully-worded statement on Tuesday claiming she had been used as "bait" by the All India Tennis Association in a bid to pacify doubles specialist Leander Paes.
India's top female player was given a wild card to partner Paes in the mixed doubles at London 2012 after his hand in the men's doubles was seemingly weakened when he was paired with junior player
That move was prompted by the refusal of both Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna to partner 39-year-old Paes, with the pair giving a nod to off-court issues with the veteran player.
Following her wild-card award, Mirza accused those involved of being "chauvinistic" but, speaking after her doubles win alongside Bethanie Mattek-Sands at Wimbledon today, she claimed the matter
was behind her even if it has not been resolved.
"The letter was not directed towards a single person. It was what I felt about the situation and the people involved," she said.
"I had a lot of time to think about it. It was in my head for three or four days. I said what I had to say and that's it on that thing."
The AITA have refuted Mirza's accusation while Paes has done his best to distance himself from the debate.
"I haven't spoken to Leander or anyone from the federation directly," Mirza added.
"I put the letter out there and I thought I owed it to myself to do so. I feel better now."