HMC ‘was left with six figure bill'

First published in United Kingdom news Exclusive by

The Halal Monitoring Committee (HMC) is in the process of being dissolved after it was served with a winding-up order.

But the organisation says it is set to continue its 'invalubale work' for the Muslim community.

The order has been forced upon the charity after ‘cash flow’ issues and confusion over the payment of Value Added Tax (VAT) it claims.

A total of 28 establishments are now HMC certified in the region. In contrast to the more widespread Halal Food Authority (HFA), the HMC says it takes a more detailed approach to ensuring that food at their certified outlets are halal.

And they say this has proved popular with members of the public.

It is believed the winding-up order relates to a six figure VAT bill. In a statement on their website the HMC said, “In September 2011, HMC registered for VAT as agreed with the HMRC. Previous to this, HMC believed it was exempt from VAT due to the nature of its work and charity status.

“In early 2012, HMRC informed HMC that it should re-bill all its pre-existing customers for VAT dating back from 2005 and make payments due.

“The majority of pre-existing customers would be able to re-claim VAT from HMRC but could not pay due to cash flow.

“This requirement by HMRC caused HMC to have significant unforeseen cash flow issues that it could not reconcile and settle with HMRC.

"After consulting with Scholars, and in response: HMC UK has been established by concerned trustees and Ulama to continue the work of Halal."

Since February 2012 it has already taken on the responsibility of supplying genuine halal to over 500 outlets throughout the UK.

Yunus Dudhwala from the organisation said, “The closure has happened due to a technical issue that HMC were totally unaware of.

"From the outset of HMC, we never charged VAT for the services of monitoring and inspection as per advice received and operated as a religious organisation and a charity.

“HMC did not invoice, nor charge, nor collect VAT for 8 years on the advice received”.

A statement added, “None of the Directors or Trustees benefit financially or otherwise from HMC as all work is done totally voluntarily. “The work for Halal continues with dedicated brothers wishing to step up to protect Halal. The community’s continued support for HMC is invaluable. “The Muslim community needs an organisation to protect us from what we are unwittingly eating.

Insha-Allah HMC will remain at the forefront of this work for years to come.”

According to creditors’ report Asian Image has seen, in 2009 the company had a turnover of £759,147.

And in 2011 £849,309 was paid as employees remuneration.

However, say this was not a huge amount as they had 140 staff who inspected a range of establishments and slaughter houses.

Salim Mulla, chairman of Lancashire Council of Mosques said, “The LCM had a criteria for halal food and the HMC met that criteria.

“We invited other halal organisations to see if they could meet the criteria set out. This criteria was what our community wanted and scholars had agreed.

“We support the valuable work they have done in highlighting the issue of halal food.

"There is a need for an organisation such as HMC and we would be delighted if they are continuing this work".

With regards to the amount of money being paid to employees Mr Mulla said, “Any organisation such as HMC would require people to go out and inspect food and establishments.

“This is what made the HMC strict criteria so welcome.” The HM Revenue & Customs said they did not comment on individual cases, But a spokesman added, “HMRC’s aim is not to wind up companies or make individuals bankrupt, but to collect, as efficiently as we can, the debts that are due.

“HMRC only initiates winding up or bankruptcy action where it believes this is the best course of action to protect the interests of the Exchequer in respect of a particular debt. We do not take such action lightly.

“Anyone who is struggling to pay an HMRC debt should call us. HMRC has an outstanding track record in supporting those who are experiencing genuine difficulty paying their debts, and this approach will continue.”

Comments (28)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:30pm Fri 11 May 12

ghanto says...

HMC IS JUST A WASTE TIME AND BECAUSE OF THIS HMC PEOPLE ARE CONSUMING HARAM MEATS AND CHICKEN

Once a shops restaurant gets thier badge they can shop 50% with hmc and other with none halaal organisation

people wont make enquiries about 50% haram meat because of hmc badge

I respect scholars but nowadays they do what they like fit
trying to alter islam

I am fearing that law would be made to slaugther fish too
HMC IS JUST A WASTE TIME AND BECAUSE OF THIS HMC PEOPLE ARE CONSUMING HARAM MEATS AND CHICKEN Once a shops restaurant gets thier badge they can shop 50% with hmc and other with none halaal organisation people wont make enquiries about 50% haram meat because of hmc badge I respect scholars but nowadays they do what they like fit trying to alter islam I am fearing that law would be made to slaugther fish too ghanto
  • Score: 0

11:57am Sat 12 May 12

abduls says...

Just have I have always known.
Wage bill is greater than turnover and this feeds 140 and others income . There is no Islamic ethics here, who cares as long as people involved have made their money. Remember HMC slogan "Your are what you eat" and this includes undeclared income which no mufti or moulana wants to talk about. Why??
Just have I have always known. Wage bill is greater than turnover and this feeds 140 and others income . There is no Islamic ethics here, who cares as long as people involved have made their money. Remember HMC slogan "Your are what you eat" and this includes undeclared income which no mufti or moulana wants to talk about. Why?? abduls
  • Score: 0

10:16am Mon 14 May 12

ghanto says...

WHAT THEY LIKE IS HALAAL
WHAT THEY LIKE IS HALAAL ghanto
  • Score: 0

10:15am Wed 16 May 12

AlfieStar says...

They were just robbing scumbags, making money under the veil of Islam and being a charity. Ask their customers and you'll know what came first, halal or money. And as for the big red removed stamp they place against your name on their website if you ever decide to the the angelic HMC was pure bribery and all in the name of Islam. If someone decides to leave their name should be taken of the list not have a dirty red stamp next to it. I mean if you use the same suppliers it's still halal even though one stops paying HMC. They need to be exposed for what they reAlly are. Which in my opinion is nothing but money grabbers using the halal and charity card to make a quick buck or two. Hey guess what we'll even get sawaab for it helping the community eat halal. Lying toe rags.
They were just robbing scumbags, making money under the veil of Islam and being a charity. Ask their customers and you'll know what came first, halal or money. And as for the big red removed stamp they place against your name on their website if you ever decide to the the angelic HMC was pure bribery and all in the name of Islam. If someone decides to leave their name should be taken of the list not have a dirty red stamp next to it. I mean if you use the same suppliers it's still halal even though one stops paying HMC. They need to be exposed for what they reAlly are. Which in my opinion is nothing but money grabbers using the halal and charity card to make a quick buck or two. Hey guess what we'll even get sawaab for it helping the community eat halal. Lying toe rags. AlfieStar
  • Score: 0

12:33pm Wed 16 May 12

CyberWala says...

Do you guys even read the article properly before jumping up and down ?

Look at how many employees they have.

The revenue equates to just over £6k per employee. Would you work for £6k per year ? And that's if ALL the revenue went into remuneration, which I doubt it would be... so the average salary would be far less.

Sheesh talk about "hasad".... shameful.
Do you guys even read the article properly before jumping up and down ? Look at how many employees they have. The revenue equates to just over £6k per employee. Would you work for £6k per year ? And that's if ALL the revenue went into remuneration, which I doubt it would be... so the average salary would be far less. Sheesh talk about "hasad".... shameful. CyberWala
  • Score: 0

8:57pm Wed 16 May 12

ghanto says...

CyberWala wrote:
Do you guys even read the article properly before jumping up and down ? Look at how many employees they have. The revenue equates to just over £6k per employee. Would you work for £6k per year ? And that's if ALL the revenue went into remuneration, which I doubt it would be... so the average salary would be far less. Sheesh talk about "hasad".... shameful.
Are you one of the idiot employee?
What is the need for HMC
Tomorrow there would be law of slaugther of fish

Does hmc sit in their shops all day to see what they are upto

THEY CAN BUY 50/50 HMC AND HARAM

infact hmc can lead to comsuming haram as people do not make query
[quote][p][bold]CyberWala[/bold] wrote: Do you guys even read the article properly before jumping up and down ? Look at how many employees they have. The revenue equates to just over £6k per employee. Would you work for £6k per year ? And that's if ALL the revenue went into remuneration, which I doubt it would be... so the average salary would be far less. Sheesh talk about "hasad".... shameful.[/p][/quote]Are you one of the idiot employee? What is the need for HMC Tomorrow there would be law of slaugther of fish Does hmc sit in their shops all day to see what they are upto THEY CAN BUY 50/50 HMC AND HARAM infact hmc can lead to comsuming haram as people do not make query ghanto
  • Score: 0

11:42am Thu 17 May 12

ghanto says...

FRAUD
FRAUD ghanto
  • Score: 0

10:55pm Fri 18 May 12

Abdul999 says...

Assalamu Alaikum

According to the articles, HMC are unable to pay the VAT they should have charged for their services .... that could be because the smaller shops (who aren't VAT-registered) are refusing to pay the "extra" VAT charges or it could be that everyone is refusing to pay it because it wasn't included in the HMC membership contract!

HMC has changed hands (and moved) too many times .... admin, reprinting & furnishings cost extra money too. For that matter, did the previous managements declare the sale prices or premiums?

Halal Monitoring is vital to protect the Muslim consumers from rogue traders.

As theres a huge amount of money involved, all the halal monitoring groups themselves need Halal Finances Monitoring!! After all, rogue traders exist in every business and theres no guarantee that they haven't infiltrated the 'Halal' monitoring trade!!
Assalamu Alaikum According to the articles, HMC are unable to pay the VAT they should have charged for their services .... that could be because the smaller shops (who aren't VAT-registered) are refusing to pay the "extra" VAT charges or it could be that everyone is refusing to pay it because it wasn't included in the HMC membership contract! HMC has changed hands (and moved) too many times .... admin, reprinting & furnishings cost extra money too. For that matter, did the previous managements declare the sale prices or premiums? Halal Monitoring is vital to protect the Muslim consumers from rogue traders. As theres a huge amount of money involved, all the halal monitoring groups themselves need Halal Finances Monitoring!! After all, rogue traders exist in every business and theres no guarantee that they haven't infiltrated the 'Halal' monitoring trade!! Abdul999
  • Score: 0

11:19pm Fri 18 May 12

Abdul999 says...

IF, wisely, IF the HMC were so naive about VAT and accounts over so many years, then that is very very worrying. It reflects negatively on its capability to protect halal consumers especially because the rogues use all sorts of techniques to peddle their meat in this multi-million pound industry.
IF, wisely, IF the HMC were so naive about VAT and accounts over so many years, then that is very very worrying. It reflects negatively on its capability to protect halal consumers especially because the rogues use all sorts of techniques to peddle their meat in this multi-million pound industry. Abdul999
  • Score: 0

12:22am Sat 19 May 12

abduls says...

Cyberwala - You are right. Lets not jump to conclusion until we have read and understood the article. For your information, it clearly states wages bill was £849K and not revenue so please dont confuse the two. Secondly, the empolyees are receiving miniumum wage and if they are earning £6K per annum, they are working partime and many will be on tax credits.
Also, let's not try and play with figures to disguise the truth which is what you are doing by saying these people are working for £6K per annum. HMC publiced that it was costing 1p per chicken and this has always been a lie and now the truth is coming out that this was set to make money. Let's face it when HMC have meetings, it is being held at Maida which everyone is paying for.
Shame on you guys.
Cyberwala - You are right. Lets not jump to conclusion until we have read and understood the article. For your information, it clearly states wages bill was £849K and not revenue so please dont confuse the two. Secondly, the empolyees are receiving miniumum wage and if they are earning £6K per annum, they are working partime and many will be on tax credits. Also, let's not try and play with figures to disguise the truth which is what you are doing by saying these people are working for £6K per annum. HMC publiced that it was costing 1p per chicken and this has always been a lie and now the truth is coming out that this was set to make money. Let's face it when HMC have meetings, it is being held at Maida which everyone is paying for. Shame on you guys. abduls
  • Score: 0

8:06am Sat 19 May 12

HaqOrBatil says...

The primary objective of HMC according to their Memorandum of Articles is for the Advancement of Islam. Its Trustees who are also the Directors are supposed to be Ulema. What I find very hard to contemplate is why a non profit making organisation has such a high VAT bill & a massive turnover. Log on to the Charity Commission Websit and see their annual return.

It seems that a lot of pockets have been lined and now the wall of silence from these so called Ulemas has gone up. I'm sure I read some where that it will be the Ulema's that will stoke the fire of hell. Inshallah. doomsday is getting closer.
The primary objective of HMC according to their Memorandum of Articles is for the Advancement of Islam. Its Trustees who are also the Directors are supposed to be Ulema. What I find very hard to contemplate is why a non profit making organisation has such a high VAT bill & a massive turnover. Log on to the Charity Commission Websit and see their annual return. It seems that a lot of pockets have been lined and now the wall of silence from these so called Ulemas has gone up. I'm sure I read some where that it will be the Ulema's that will stoke the fire of hell. Inshallah. doomsday is getting closer. HaqOrBatil
  • Score: 0

9:33am Mon 21 May 12

ghanto says...

HMC ARE CROOKS SO AS ITS SUPPORTERS
HMC ARE CROOKS SO AS ITS SUPPORTERS ghanto
  • Score: 0

8:59pm Mon 21 May 12

GRezbi says...

I work in a butcher's shop and have seen the monthly charge from HMC: It's £30 including VAT.

This shop makes that amount back within an hour on a Sunday, easily the quietest day of the week.

I was also told by a pizza shop owner her gets charged around £30-£40 per month by HMC. An amount a pizza shop can make back in less than an hour.

The miserliness and arrogance of business owners astonishes me.

I know how they work. I've seen how they work. And I will NEVER take the word of greedy, money-hungry business owners of 'Ulama.

And for those people who aren't business owners but persist in defending these greedy business people, I have two questions for you:

1. What does it matter what goes on between businesses and HMC as long as you feed your family halal? Or isn't that your priority?

2. When you go out of your way to defend these scrooges, do they give you a discount for speaking up on their behalf? If not, why are you bothering? And if they do, then you have a financial motive which has nothing to do with Islam.

As for that person who insists shops can stock 50-50 HMC non-HMC meat: That's not part of HMC policy. If they do it, they're going against what they promise and it's something they'll have to answer to Allah for on the Day of Judgement. If they truly believe in that Day.

And yes, I do read up on what they do. I wonder how many people commenting against HMC have even bothered to do that.
I work in a butcher's shop and have seen the monthly charge from HMC: It's £30 including VAT. This shop makes that amount back within an hour on a Sunday, easily the quietest day of the week. I was also told by a pizza shop owner her gets charged around £30-£40 per month by HMC. An amount a pizza shop can make back in less than an hour. The miserliness and arrogance of business owners astonishes me. I know how they work. I've seen how they work. And I will NEVER take the word of greedy, money-hungry business owners of 'Ulama. And for those people who aren't business owners but persist in defending these greedy business people, I have two questions for you: 1. What does it matter what goes on between businesses and HMC as long as you feed your family halal? Or isn't that your priority? 2. When you go out of your way to defend these scrooges, do they give you a discount for speaking up on their behalf? If not, why are you bothering? And if they do, then you have a financial motive which has nothing to do with Islam. As for that person who insists shops can stock 50-50 HMC non-HMC meat: That's not part of HMC policy. If they do it, they're going against what they promise and it's something they'll have to answer to Allah for on the Day of Judgement. If they truly believe in that Day. And yes, I do read up on what they do. I wonder how many people commenting against HMC have even bothered to do that. GRezbi
  • Score: 0

9:04pm Mon 21 May 12

GRezbi says...

The best people on the face of the earth are 'Ulama. They are chosen by Allah to carry His Deen.

There's a reason why honest business people are given such high status in Islam: It's extremely difficult to remain honest once money is involved.
The best people on the face of the earth are 'Ulama. They are chosen by Allah to carry His Deen. There's a reason why honest business people are given such high status in Islam: It's extremely difficult to remain honest once money is involved. GRezbi
  • Score: 0

9:09pm Mon 21 May 12

GRezbi says...

HaqOrBatil wrote:
The primary objective of HMC according to their Memorandum of Articles is for the Advancement of Islam. Its Trustees who are also the Directors are supposed to be Ulema. What I find very hard to contemplate is why a non profit making organisation has such a high VAT bill & a massive turnover. Log on to the Charity Commission Websit and see their annual return.

It seems that a lot of pockets have been lined and now the wall of silence from these so called Ulemas has gone up. I'm sure I read some where that it will be the Ulema's that will stoke the fire of hell. Inshallah. doomsday is getting closer.
""From the outset of HMC, we never charged VAT for the services of monitoring and inspection as per advice received and operated as a religious organisation and a charity.

“HMC did not invoice, nor charge, nor collect VAT for 8 years on the advice received”. "

You obviously haven't read the article properly. Or you wouldn't be asking that question.
[quote][p][bold]HaqOrBatil[/bold] wrote: The primary objective of HMC according to their Memorandum of Articles is for the Advancement of Islam. Its Trustees who are also the Directors are supposed to be Ulema. What I find very hard to contemplate is why a non profit making organisation has such a high VAT bill & a massive turnover. Log on to the Charity Commission Websit and see their annual return. It seems that a lot of pockets have been lined and now the wall of silence from these so called Ulemas has gone up. I'm sure I read some where that it will be the Ulema's that will stoke the fire of hell. Inshallah. doomsday is getting closer.[/p][/quote]""From the outset of HMC, we never charged VAT for the services of monitoring and inspection as per advice received and operated as a religious organisation and a charity. “HMC did not invoice, nor charge, nor collect VAT for 8 years on the advice received”. " You obviously haven't read the article properly. Or you wouldn't be asking that question. GRezbi
  • Score: 0

9:56pm Mon 21 May 12

GRezbi says...

HaqOrBatil wrote:
The primary objective of HMC according to their Memorandum of Articles is for the Advancement of Islam. Its Trustees who are also the Directors are supposed to be Ulema. What I find very hard to contemplate is why a non profit making organisation has such a high VAT bill & a massive turnover. Log on to the Charity Commission Websit and see their annual return.

It seems that a lot of pockets have been lined and now the wall of silence from these so called Ulemas has gone up. I'm sure I read some where that it will be the Ulema's that will stoke the fire of hell. Inshallah. doomsday is getting closer.
I can't believe how ignorant you are with those last three sentences.

You're sure you read that somewhere?

Even the average Muslim calling another Muslim is forbidden, and you've already condemned the 'Ulama to the fire of hell? Something only Allah can do?

What makes you so sure you should be happy about Doomsday being so near?

What makes you think YOU should not be more afraid?

I would NEVER assume someone is going to Hell or Heaven. That decision is ONLY Allah's Right to make.
[quote][p][bold]HaqOrBatil[/bold] wrote: The primary objective of HMC according to their Memorandum of Articles is for the Advancement of Islam. Its Trustees who are also the Directors are supposed to be Ulema. What I find very hard to contemplate is why a non profit making organisation has such a high VAT bill & a massive turnover. Log on to the Charity Commission Websit and see their annual return. It seems that a lot of pockets have been lined and now the wall of silence from these so called Ulemas has gone up. I'm sure I read some where that it will be the Ulema's that will stoke the fire of hell. Inshallah. doomsday is getting closer.[/p][/quote]I can't believe how ignorant you are with those last three sentences. You're sure you read that somewhere? Even the average Muslim calling another Muslim is forbidden, and you've already condemned the 'Ulama to the fire of hell? Something only Allah can do? What makes you so sure you should be happy about Doomsday being so near? What makes you think YOU should not be more afraid? I would NEVER assume someone is going to Hell or Heaven. That decision is ONLY Allah's Right to make. GRezbi
  • Score: 0

10:52pm Wed 23 May 12

hamid1 says...

So the conclusion is that this all about money and nothing to do with religion
So the conclusion is that this all about money and nothing to do with religion hamid1
  • Score: 0

11:15pm Wed 23 May 12

GRezbi says...

hamid1 wrote:
So the conclusion is that this all about money and nothing to do with religion
As far as business people are concerned, yes.

What else are they complaining about if not money?

I don't see them talking about anything else other than how much they're being charged and how much HMC are making.
[quote][p][bold]hamid1[/bold] wrote: So the conclusion is that this all about money and nothing to do with religion[/p][/quote]As far as business people are concerned, yes. What else are they complaining about if not money? I don't see them talking about anything else other than how much they're being charged and how much HMC are making. GRezbi
  • Score: 0

11:31pm Wed 23 May 12

GRezbi says...

ghanto wrote:
HMC IS JUST A WASTE TIME AND BECAUSE OF THIS HMC PEOPLE ARE CONSUMING HARAM MEATS AND CHICKEN

Once a shops restaurant gets thier badge they can shop 50% with hmc and other with none halaal organisation

people wont make enquiries about 50% haram meat because of hmc badge

I respect scholars but nowadays they do what they like fit
trying to alter islam

I am fearing that law would be made to slaugther fish too
Let's assume this is correct.

Does that mean before HMC people were eating 100% haraam?

And it that's true, are you saying that's preferable?

You say you respect 'Ulama, but the very next thing you say proves otherwise.

If they do whatever they like, what do you do?
[quote][p][bold]ghanto[/bold] wrote: HMC IS JUST A WASTE TIME AND BECAUSE OF THIS HMC PEOPLE ARE CONSUMING HARAM MEATS AND CHICKEN Once a shops restaurant gets thier badge they can shop 50% with hmc and other with none halaal organisation people wont make enquiries about 50% haram meat because of hmc badge I respect scholars but nowadays they do what they like fit trying to alter islam I am fearing that law would be made to slaugther fish too[/p][/quote]Let's assume this is correct. Does that mean before HMC people were eating 100% haraam? And it that's true, are you saying that's preferable? You say you respect 'Ulama, but the very next thing you say proves otherwise. If they do whatever they like, what do you do? GRezbi
  • Score: 0

7:37pm Fri 25 May 12

HaqOrBatil says...

I think that my comments from a a few days ago has hit some sore nerves. One in particular who comments by the name of GRezbi.

He writes in this comments and I quote verbatim " From the outset of HMC, we have never charged VAT ........" does this not show that GRezbi works for HMC. Therefore all his comments are obviously in favour of his paymasters.

I also observe that if the Ulema/Mufti's advised that HMC that they should not charge VAT then why as a registered Muslim Charity did they become VAT registered. This is why they were pursued by HMRC.

I think GRezbi you are far to close to HMC and therefore you just cannot be objective. You are taking everyone's comments far to personally. You need to Chill a but like the HMC stamps chickens in your freezer. There are certain facts in the Newspaper that cannot be ignored and the decision by HMRC to dissolve HMC was not taken lightly. Only Allah SWT knows best but he has given us a brain that processes right from wrong and in this instance for years HMC having been conning the community. It's about time, they got what they deserved.

Oh on the point of the ulemas stoking the fire of hell I do have my facts right. It's high time you got yours right.
I think that my comments from a a few days ago has hit some sore nerves. One in particular who comments by the name of GRezbi. He writes in this comments and I quote verbatim " From the outset of HMC, we have never charged VAT ........" does this not show that GRezbi works for HMC. Therefore all his comments are obviously in favour of his paymasters. I also observe that if the Ulema/Mufti's advised that HMC that they should not charge VAT then why as a registered Muslim Charity did they become VAT registered. This is why they were pursued by HMRC. I think GRezbi you are far to close to HMC and therefore you just cannot be objective. You are taking everyone's comments far to personally. You need to Chill a but like the HMC stamps chickens in your freezer. There are certain facts in the Newspaper that cannot be ignored and the decision by HMRC to dissolve HMC was not taken lightly. Only Allah SWT knows best but he has given us a brain that processes right from wrong and in this instance for years HMC having been conning the community. It's about time, they got what they deserved. Oh on the point of the ulemas stoking the fire of hell I do have my facts right. It's high time you got yours right. HaqOrBatil
  • Score: 0

7:41pm Fri 25 May 12

HaqOrBatil says...

I think that my comments from a a few days ago have hit some sore nerves. One in particular who comments by the name of GRezbi.

He writes in this comments and I quote verbatim " From the outset of HMC, we have never charged VAT ........" does this not show that GRezbi works for HMC.

Therefore all his comments are obviously in favour of his paymasters.

I also observe that if the Ulema/Mufti's advised HMC that they should not charge VAT then why as a registered Muslim Charity did they become VAT registered. This is why they were pursued by HMRC.

I think GRezbi you are far to close to HMC and therefore you just cannot be objective. You are taking everyone's comments far to personally. You need to Chill a bit like the HMC stamped chickens in your freezer. There are certain facts in the Newspaper that cannot be ignored and the decision by HMRC to dissolve HMC was not taken lightly. Only Allah SWT knows best but he has given us a brain that processes right from wrong and in this instance for years HMC having been conning the community. It's about time, they got what they deserved.

Oh on the point of the ulemas stoking the fire of hell I do have my facts right. It's high time you got yours right.
I think that my comments from a a few days ago have hit some sore nerves. One in particular who comments by the name of GRezbi. He writes in this comments and I quote verbatim " From the outset of HMC, we have never charged VAT ........" does this not show that GRezbi works for HMC. Therefore all his comments are obviously in favour of his paymasters. I also observe that if the Ulema/Mufti's advised HMC that they should not charge VAT then why as a registered Muslim Charity did they become VAT registered. This is why they were pursued by HMRC. I think GRezbi you are far to close to HMC and therefore you just cannot be objective. You are taking everyone's comments far to personally. You need to Chill a bit like the HMC stamped chickens in your freezer. There are certain facts in the Newspaper that cannot be ignored and the decision by HMRC to dissolve HMC was not taken lightly. Only Allah SWT knows best but he has given us a brain that processes right from wrong and in this instance for years HMC having been conning the community. It's about time, they got what they deserved. Oh on the point of the ulemas stoking the fire of hell I do have my facts right. It's high time you got yours right. HaqOrBatil
  • Score: 0

8:12pm Fri 25 May 12

GRezbi says...

HaqOrBatil wrote:
I think that my comments from a a few days ago have hit some sore nerves. One in particular who comments by the name of GRezbi.

He writes in this comments and I quote verbatim " From the outset of HMC, we have never charged VAT ........" does this not show that GRezbi works for HMC.

Therefore all his comments are obviously in favour of his paymasters.

I also observe that if the Ulema/Mufti's advised HMC that they should not charge VAT then why as a registered Muslim Charity did they become VAT registered. This is why they were pursued by HMRC.

I think GRezbi you are far to close to HMC and therefore you just cannot be objective. You are taking everyone's comments far to personally. You need to Chill a bit like the HMC stamped chickens in your freezer. There are certain facts in the Newspaper that cannot be ignored and the decision by HMRC to dissolve HMC was not taken lightly. Only Allah SWT knows best but he has given us a brain that processes right from wrong and in this instance for years HMC having been conning the community. It's about time, they got what they deserved.

Oh on the point of the ulemas stoking the fire of hell I do have my facts right. It's high time you got yours right.
I don't just go by G Rezbi. I am G Rezbi.

I don't hide behind pseudonyms like a coward.

You say I'm not objective enough because I may or may not be too close to HMC. I think you may be too close to being a business owner who's too stingy to pay what little it costs to become HMC certified, even though it probably brings in more business.

You make accusations about HMC in public from behind a keyboard.

Here's the difference between you and me:

I'm willing to come out and debate this in public, face to face. You bring your evidence and I'll bring mine.

Just let me know where and when and we'll set up a public debate.

And that goes for any other stingy business owner who's too much of a scrooge to pay what amounts to an hour's worth of money for a certificate to say their meat is halal.
[quote][p][bold]HaqOrBatil[/bold] wrote: I think that my comments from a a few days ago have hit some sore nerves. One in particular who comments by the name of GRezbi. He writes in this comments and I quote verbatim " From the outset of HMC, we have never charged VAT ........" does this not show that GRezbi works for HMC. Therefore all his comments are obviously in favour of his paymasters. I also observe that if the Ulema/Mufti's advised HMC that they should not charge VAT then why as a registered Muslim Charity did they become VAT registered. This is why they were pursued by HMRC. I think GRezbi you are far to close to HMC and therefore you just cannot be objective. You are taking everyone's comments far to personally. You need to Chill a bit like the HMC stamped chickens in your freezer. There are certain facts in the Newspaper that cannot be ignored and the decision by HMRC to dissolve HMC was not taken lightly. Only Allah SWT knows best but he has given us a brain that processes right from wrong and in this instance for years HMC having been conning the community. It's about time, they got what they deserved. Oh on the point of the ulemas stoking the fire of hell I do have my facts right. It's high time you got yours right.[/p][/quote]I don't just go by G Rezbi. I am G Rezbi. I don't hide behind pseudonyms like a coward. You say I'm not objective enough because I may or may not be too close to HMC. I think you may be too close to being a business owner who's too stingy to pay what little it costs to become HMC certified, even though it probably brings in more business. You make accusations about HMC in public from behind a keyboard. Here's the difference between you and me: I'm willing to come out and debate this in public, face to face. You bring your evidence and I'll bring mine. Just let me know where and when and we'll set up a public debate. And that goes for any other stingy business owner who's too much of a scrooge to pay what amounts to an hour's worth of money for a certificate to say their meat is halal. GRezbi
  • Score: 0

8:16pm Fri 25 May 12

GRezbi says...

And that quote you say is from me? It's directly from the article above, if you bothered to read it.

It's not my quote. I was quoting HMC.

All that proves is that you come on here with preconceived ideas about HMC and assume you know what's what.

Have you even read the article?
And that quote you say is from me? It's directly from the article above, if you bothered to read it. It's not my quote. I was quoting HMC. All that proves is that you come on here with preconceived ideas about HMC and assume you know what's what. Have you even read the article? GRezbi
  • Score: 0

4:18pm Fri 8 Jun 12

Ibne Majeed says...

What a disgrace for Muslims!! The thakedaran of Islam who are supposed to take care of the rest of us by approving meat and poultry for Halal are caught out cheating with the system. The irony of the whole matter is they are still allowed to open another company by a slight change of name and run the whole show as it is! This is betrayal! This is disgusting! Shame on HMC and the people who run it like their business.
What a disgrace for Muslims!! The thakedaran of Islam who are supposed to take care of the rest of us by approving meat and poultry for Halal are caught out cheating with the system. The irony of the whole matter is they are still allowed to open another company by a slight change of name and run the whole show as it is! This is betrayal! This is disgusting! Shame on HMC and the people who run it like their business. Ibne Majeed
  • Score: 0

4:24pm Fri 8 Jun 12

GRezbi says...

Ibne Majeed wrote:
What a disgrace for Muslims!! The thakedaran of Islam who are supposed to take care of the rest of us by approving meat and poultry for Halal are caught out cheating with the system. The irony of the whole matter is they are still allowed to open another company by a slight change of name and run the whole show as it is! This is betrayal! This is disgusting! Shame on HMC and the people who run it like their business.
How did they cheat the system? Have you read the article?
[quote][p][bold]Ibne Majeed[/bold] wrote: What a disgrace for Muslims!! The thakedaran of Islam who are supposed to take care of the rest of us by approving meat and poultry for Halal are caught out cheating with the system. The irony of the whole matter is they are still allowed to open another company by a slight change of name and run the whole show as it is! This is betrayal! This is disgusting! Shame on HMC and the people who run it like their business.[/p][/quote]How did they cheat the system? Have you read the article? GRezbi
  • Score: 0

5:02pm Fri 8 Jun 12

ultimate12570 says...

I wonder when HMC can not follow the Law of the Land, then how can they follow the Law of Allah!!!
I wonder when HMC can not follow the Law of the Land, then how can they follow the Law of Allah!!! ultimate12570
  • Score: 0

5:04pm Fri 8 Jun 12

GRezbi says...

I see so many ignorant remarks on here.

Either you haven't read the article, haven't understood it, or simply can't read.
I see so many ignorant remarks on here. Either you haven't read the article, haven't understood it, or simply can't read. GRezbi
  • Score: 0

5:07pm Fri 8 Jun 12

GRezbi says...

ultimate12570 wrote:
I wonder when HMC can not follow the Law of the Land, then how can they follow the Law of Allah!!!
How many commentors on here are making comments sincerely for Deen and how many are commenting with their pockets?

Especially when you get comments like this which put the law of the land first, then the law of Allah.

Nothing HMC have done is illegal.
[quote][p][bold]ultimate12570[/bold] wrote: I wonder when HMC can not follow the Law of the Land, then how can they follow the Law of Allah!!![/p][/quote]How many commentors on here are making comments sincerely for Deen and how many are commenting with their pockets? Especially when you get comments like this which put the law of the land first, then the law of Allah. Nothing HMC have done is illegal. GRezbi
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree