Choose from the drop down menu below to view details from the top 50 Asian constituencies
Name: Anthony Smith
Candidate for: Hastings & Rye
Party: UK Independence Party
Why I want to be an MP: I want to restore democracy to British rule.
Our Government and the European Union disregarded the “no” referendums of the Dutch, French, Irish and North East region and the Liberal Democrats, Labour and Conservatives reneged on their promises to allow Britons to have a referendum on the EU Lisbon Treaty.
In 1975, our British electorate voted to continue with the European Trade agreement.
We have not been asked if we want to be a sub-state within a monster state called the EU that now makes more than 70% of Britain’s laws.
The EU has the right, under the European Arrest Warrant, to arrest British citizens on British soil and put them in foreign jails without a British judge viewing any evidence.
Britain is paying £45 million a day to belong to the EU, which has not had its accounts audited for 14 years.
The EU has more than 50 trade agreements with nations across the world and I want Britain to have a similar trade agreement.
Former prime minister Edward Heath, under the Conservatives, signed our British fishing waters away to the EU so that French boats can now catch seven times more fish than British fishermen in our own waters.
The Common Fisheries Policy of the EU means our fishermen often throw more dead fish back than are landed because of the quota system
Marital status: Married, with two grown-up children
Address: Brownbread Stud, Ashburnham, Battle
Occupation: Runs the Brownbread Horse Rescue Charity, previously headteacher of a school for brain-damaged children and head of science in both public and private schools.
Interests: Sailing, swimming, writing and gardening
Your sayYour Asian Image
Add your comment
Register for a FREE Asian Image account and you can have your say on today's news and sport by adding comments on articles we publish. The best comments may even get published in the paper.
Please register now or log in below to continue.
GENERAL ELECTION 2010 – LATEST NEWS
- Mike Wood holds Dudley South seat for the Tories
- Your chance to quiz Redditch election hopefuls
- Education a hot topic for debate
- Dramatic night at the polls leaves Worcester City Council in limbo
- Worcestershire elections 2014: Live
- European elections officially under way in South West
- House prices on the rise with £20,000 increase since start of year
- Four-fifths of new university and college students own smartphones
- £130m investment set to boost Black Country employment
- Black-tie bash for James Bond will be golden for trust