When news happens, text your photos and videos to 07747488605. Or contact us by email or phone.
Choose from the drop down menu below to view details from the top 50 Asian constituencies
Name: Rodney Bridger
Candidate for: Hastings & Rye
Party: English Democrats
Why I want to be an MP: I am angry.
I am an ordinary, working man who is angry at the way I’ve been abused, ignored and treated with arrogance by politicians.
I am angry that politicians have treated the country with contempt with the sole aim of lining their pockets at the expense of the people.
I am angry at how the Liberal Democrat, Labour and Conservative parties are happy to give away the sovereignty of everyone in this country to faceless and unelected bureaucrats in Brussels.
I am angry about how we pay £41 million a day to those bureaucrats and get nothing back, and about how the taxpayer hands £20 billion a year to Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, to allow them to have free residential care, education and life-saving drugs.
British politics is broken.
The experiment has lasted 65 years and has failed.
It is time for England to awake to a fresh style of politics.
Marital status: Married with five children
Born: Hastings, 1947
Occupation: Retired after ten years at Hastings Borough Council
Your sayYour Asian Image
Add your comment
Register for a FREE Asian Image account and you can have your say on today's news and sport by adding comments on articles we publish. The best comments may even get published in the paper.
Please register now or log in below to continue.
GENERAL ELECTION 2010 – LATEST NEWS
- House prices on the rise with £20,000 increase since start of year
- Four-fifths of new university and college students own smartphones
- £130m investment set to boost Black Country employment
- Black-tie bash for James Bond will be golden for trust
- Government to probe torture claims
- Mandelson and Adonis leave cabinet
- Government to end top-down targets
- Labour candidates get extra 13 days
- Call for changes after poll queues
- Alcohol sales below cost price axed