When news happens, text your photos and videos to 07747488605. Or contact us by email or phone.
Choose from the drop down menu below to view details from the top 50 Asian constituencies
Name: Amber Rudd
Candidate for: Hastings & Rye
Why I want to be an MP: Ask me why I decided to go into politics and I’m tempted to slip into the political hyperbole about having a desire to “serve my country” or “create a
fairer, more just society”.
Both would be wonderful but, in reality, my motives are more practical and much closer to home.
The truth is that I’m a parent and I want the best for my children.
I don’t want them to spend most of their lives paying off the debts that my generation ran up.
I don’t want them to feel betrayed because my generation did nothing to create a society where talent was nurtured, where effort was rewarded, where success was encouraged, where people took responsibility for their own actions and had pride in their own achievements.
Most of all, I don’t want them to look at us and say, “you saw what was happening and didn’t try to make a difference”.
I want a future our children deserve.
Marital status: Divorced
Born: London, 1963
Occupation: Recruitment consultant
Interests: Cooking, cinema, theatre, music
Your sayYour Asian Image
Add your comment
Register for a FREE Asian Image account and you can have your say on today's news and sport by adding comments on articles we publish. The best comments may even get published in the paper.
Please register now or log in below to continue.
GENERAL ELECTION 2010 – LATEST NEWS
- House prices on the rise with £20,000 increase since start of year
- Four-fifths of new university and college students own smartphones
- £130m investment set to boost Black Country employment
- Black-tie bash for James Bond will be golden for trust
- Government to probe torture claims
- Mandelson and Adonis leave cabinet
- Government to end top-down targets
- Labour candidates get extra 13 days
- Call for changes after poll queues
- Alcohol sales below cost price axed